Krucenburk has been established at the beginning of 13th century by an order of German knights as an upper settlement with a parish church and a fortress. Today’s Krucemburk has been called according to the church (Kreuzburk). In Krucenburk and its surrounding there are many crucifixes, memorials, tombstones and other monuments. The eldest monument is a limestone tombstone located in the Catholic Church. The church of St. Mikulas has been built in 13th century. The sacristy and the lower part of the tower from 13th century are in Romanesque style. In front of the church tower there is a grace of very famous painter Jan Zrzavy, his brother and mother. Another architectural matter of interest is so-called the Cervena villa (Red villa). The edifice is a jewel of the village. It has been built between years 1908 and 1909 as the first individual work of the architect Josef Gocar. The Cervena vila has been registered as a national monument. The object is set on the right side of the road, which goes from the square to Hluboka.

Infocentre - Náměstí Jana Zrzavého 13, 582 66 Krucemburk, tel: +420-569 697 320, e-mail: ic@krucemburk.cz

Statue in Krucemburk Statue in Krucemburk
Statue
Krucemburk Krucemburk
Town-square
White villa in Krucemburk White villa in Krucemburk
House Bílá vila (White villa)
TOPlist